Life’s been pretty busy for the last few weeks as I get adjusted to a new job (and new schedule), the holidays are fast approaching, and making changes on this site! I have a few drafts that I started putting together to post in the next week or so from things I have learned, and some of my new projects!
- The new job is amazing. I get to work on cool software with a cool language, and have a fun time doing it. Im still getting up to speed on quite a few things, but already making progress on quite a few of my tasks.
- My work on Alexandria.com is coming along nicely, especially thanks to Deborah, for working on some hotels in her free time. I plan on spending some time this weekend on it, and creating a plan of execution in the short term. Im hoping we can launch around the first of next year!
- I have a new personal project im starting up ( a forum ) but haven’t had much time to invest into it – more on that later.
- I’m freelancing to make some extra money. I actually didn’t expect it to be this easy. I already have clients coming to me by word of mouth, and I haven’t even advertised myself yet. Im mostly doing ASP.net development, SEO work, and just helping people find a web presence, so if you are interested, PLEASE contact me! I just finished my first large project!
- This should be the last weekend with Toby. We actually have 2 more people interested in him, and he also goes and meets with the SPCA on Monday.
- While I wanted to start really learning PHP and Perl, it looks like Cocoa/Objective-C may be first. I went to my first Richmond Cocoaheads meetup last night, which was awesome. While im VERY new to cocoa (the last time I really programed on a Mac that wasnt BASH scripts was with MPW and C++ console apps.
- Many parties and other events going on this weekend and next week, all the way through the holidays. I hope to take tons of pictures, this time of year is always so beautiful.
Listening To: ‘Since I’ve Been Loving You’ by Led Zeppelin