I just realized that I forgot to post the rest of the highlights of our trip, and its been over a month since we have been back! So with out further ado, here are some highlights of the rest of the trip:
- Decided to visit some of the areas from our City Pass including The Adler Planetarium and The Shedd Aquarium. We somewhat rushed through the Planetarium but the Aquarium was a TON of fun.
- Went back to the Magnificent Mile, mainly to check email at the Apple Store, pick up some Garrett’s Popcorn, and take a few pictures we did not have a chance to get Tuesday
- Took the Red Line to Wrigley Field. Unfortunately there wasn’t a game going on, and the place looked locked up so we couldn’t even get in
- Walked down the street to check out ‘The Metro’, where MANY great bands have performed. The Smashing Pumpkins played there a few times, including one of their final concerts (when they broke up)
- Ate dinner at Hard Rock, where they had a few Smashing Pumpkins items. The food was some of the best I had EVER had at one.
- We then jumped a bus to the Navy Pier to have some coffee, watch the sun go down, and eat some popcorn.
- Did not sleep much that night – we had a server go down that just kept me awake all night 😦
- Started early and took a ride to the Science museum. This was actually pretty cool, but quite a trek outside the city. Luckily during the ride, I got a call from co-workers letting me know machine was back up and running!
- Made it to the The Field Museum. This place is huge! We had a blast and learned a lot while walking through here. I took a ton of pictures, and by the time we were done, we could barely walk!
- Headed back downtown to check out a few more shops, and then also pick up gifts for friends.
- After all this, it was already around 7pm, so we decided to head back to the hotel and watch a few shows on TV, mainly because we had to be at the airport the next morning around 5AM!
- I think we were up sometime around 4:15 AM and started getting ready.
- Checked in for our flight, and then proceeded to security…to tired to think or look at our tickets
- Get to security, and we are flagged for a ‘extra’ check.
- Obviously, even though its only 5AM, they take FOREVER to get started. We both get patted down and our backpacks searched. Items in my backpack are all tossed around!
- Again, obviously, Debs and I were not the ones ‘Dubya’ was looking for.
- Wait an hour or so for the plane, eating crappy breakfast food that was in our terminal.
As you can see, the last few days were a blur! But it was SOOOO MUCH fun, and would love to go back. I actually AM going back early next month, but for work. Deb’s may come, but only if we can find a cheap ticket the day or so before.
More posts coming soon!