Problems with Facebook and Safari 3.1

Sunday afternoon I ran Software Update on our iMac running 10.5.2, since some security updates, iLife updates, and Safari updates were needed. Like usual, things went VERY smoothly, and I have actually noticed Safari being MUCH faster on our iMac.

One thing I did notice was problems on a few sites that had quite a bit of AJAX, especially Facebook. I could no longer use the search, menus, or any other ‘buttons’ on the pages. I searched around online, and quite a few people were claiming that ‘you need to reinstall Safari because there was a known issue’. I find this hard to believe, because if it was ‘that’ bad, we really would have heard something.

Well, in just doing some maintenance on our machine,  I cleared Safari’s cache. This solved the problem! Im not sure what caused it in the first place, but if you are noticing issues with Safari 3.1 and Facebook, make sure you empty your cache. Safari makes this VERY easy, just select “Empty Cache” from the Safari menu!

No only if WordPress.com could get their act together with their TinyMCE install on not removing all formatting from posts in Safari!

Listening To: ‘Still Alive’ by Jonathan Coulton and GLaDOS

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s