Imagine Cup 2005 – Part 5 – Tuesday and the ride home…

Everyone was pretty tired Tuesday morning from that long hike. I got up early though, and got a bite of breakfast with Trisha in the hotel. Not much happened until we got everyone else up, and then started roaming around Seattle.

We started our day with a ride down to Pikes Market. This place is pretty famous, and has a load of history behind it. One of the more popular things is the fish throwing. Once you enter the market, plenty of fishermen and fresh seafood adorn large ice covered displays. The guys throw these fish around, which is just funny to watch. We kinda just roamed through the place, I didnt buy anything. It was cool, because they didnt have the usual identical goodies that most tourist places have. Towards the end, there were a bunch of local artists with their stuf out as well.

Nathan, AD, and I went outside once we walked through, to take a few pics. It was odd…because you are in the heart of downtown, in a popular area, and the place was covered with bums laying out in the field. I did get some great shots of the water though.

We walked further downtown, just roaming around. We also had gotten in contact with the others, and were going to meet them back near the space needle. Downtown seattle has a little monorail that goes from right downtown out to the space needle for only $1.50. While walking there, we were taking in the sights from downtown. We passed this one buliding that had an awsome design. It was a normal skyscraper, but the bottom 50-100 feet or so was a concave triangle. We got to the monorail, and zoomed back out to the space needle.

Over near the space needle is the Experience Music Project and the Sci-Fi museum. It was about $25 to get in, which was more than I wanted to spend (or thought they would charge). The EMP was cool, but just not my thing. I love music. The only thing I really liked about it was seeing all the Jimi Hendrix stuff, the guitar art, and the KISS costumes. The SciFi museum was cool though, with some awesome stuff. After going through there, I really watch some movies I havent seen in a whlie!

Of course, one of the last things we had to do was the space needle. Since there was a private party going on, we got $2, which made it just $10. You take this fast ride up, and then the sky opens. We walked around up there for a good long time. It was wild to be able to see Mt. Raineer past seattle (the view was amazing). Got some great pics while up there. Did catch some coffee up there, rather than a meal (it was like $60 for dinner).

We only had a short amount of time left to get ready to head back to the airport, but still wanted a nice dinner. After some discussion, we went back downtown, to Pike’s place. This place was right across the street from the market, and had some great food. I wanted to have some native Seattle salmon before leaving, and had a great burger. It was a nice way to end the trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Back at the hotel, we had to wait a bit for our driver (he was late, but had come way to early while we were at dinner). We sat around at the airport for a while, getting ready to leave. Remember…this flight was at midnight. I got stuck beside this REALLY annoying guy. He was reading a book on “how to get people to like you”. I was listening to some podcasts to get to sleep, and while having both headphones on, he kept asking me about my iPod.. I just wanted to relax! Around 2 we hit some terrible terbulence, that woke me back up. The girl behind me was actually crying and screaming. I was scared (never had this happen before), but after a while…I easily relaxed. Talking to my friends later, they said it had to have been the worse flight they had ever been on.

We got to Chicago around 3AM Seattle time, so it was like 5 there. the sunrise was beautiful, we got to see it from the sky. I grabbed a cinn-a-bon while there, and some nasty coffee (‘caus i couldnt find the starbucks!). I was tired, and just wanted to get home. I did finally get a window seat on the ride home from Chicago to Richmond. Chicago was huge…as well as seattle. But when we came into richmond…it looked like a little backwoods area! Debs picked us up from the airport that morning, and took Nathan and AD back to Nathans, and then we went on home. All I wanted to do is sleep ๐Ÿ™‚

This concludes my Seattle trip…it has been a whole lot to talk about. I want to host the images here…but need to go through some of them to save on bandwidth. I can (and actually have) make CD’s for those who want them of all the pictures. You can also check out some here. I plan to take these 5 posts, and move them to a different part of the site, and will include some of my pictures then.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s